How do I automatically link featured image to the post?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How do I automatically link featured image to the post?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ludvig 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ludvig
    Participant

Hey,

I am wondering how I can get my featured image to automatically link to the post it’s been attached in.

To clarify:
    When viewing my homepage and scrolling up/down the posts, I want the images to be clickable. And when clicked they should lead to the post.

I could do this by manually linking to the post… But I want it to happen automatically whenever I post.

I appreciate all the help I can get.

http://www.startgainingmomentum.com/

anitac
    Participant

Honey, you have something wrong with your site. It is fully accessible on my end… your dashboard and everything without using a login. You should turn your site off before you get hacked.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

Your site has been compromised or you have modified the wrong codes somewhere.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

ludvig
    Participant

Thank you.

This happened just now.

I’ve no idea what’s going on. But I’d really appreciate any help I could get.

anitac
    Participant

You need to speak to your hosting company about this. Call them.

ludvig
    Participant

Can you still log into the site?

I have tried from my own computer and my phone (after having logged out) and it doesn’t seem like it’s possible anymore.

anitac
    Participant

I don’t see the admin bar anymore. But you should have someone take a look for you.

ludvig
    Participant

I’m on it. That’s incredibly weird.

Do you see images above the header btw?

And do you know how to fix the original problem in the thread? About linking featured images to the post?

I REALLY appreciate you telling me. This could’ve (maybe still can) gone very bad for me. Thank you Anitac!

anitac
    Participant

If you haven’t updated your WP and your plugins, I would do so. Are your images in the body of the posts or did you add them via Featured Images?

ludvig
    Participant

My WP and plugins are all up-to-date.

I believe the images are in the body of the posts. When I put up the images for posts i usually UPLOAD IT VIA WORDPRESS, not via FTP. Then I am given options in WordPress about the size. I then have 3 size options:

((CORRECTIONI now have zero options to choose from inside of the WordPress image uploader. But I will fix this tomorrow))

The options I had were small, medium, and full-size.

I can then select which image from the post to use as featured image.

Does that answer your question?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.