how do I change the size of image attachments

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks how do I change the size of image attachments

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

souleye

I have a photography website with hundreds of images. before I switched to a genesis theme, I had a theme that was displaying the image attachment in a very decent size and I took it for granted. the other day, when I checked an attachment, the image size was very small. I read up on how to make the changes by modifying the single.php file. well, when I checked those files or any other, they were totally empty barring the single line genesis(). I know it’s a function call but I don’t have a clue. if anyone could point me to the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

http://www.sharpfocusphoto.com/dc-headshots/actors/alberto/actor-alberto_047/

braddalton
    Participant

Good question.

You want the image size on the attachment page to be larger?

I did notice that when i clicked that image on the attachment page, it does link to the image file and increases to the original size.

Could you please link to the article about changing the single.php file as i might be able to build that code into a custom function.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

souleye

thank you for your response. I think it’s pointless to click on a thumbnail to be directed to an image that is hardly larger. having to do another click is poor usability. the article in question is at this url:

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-create-a-custom-single-attachments-template-in-wordpress/

he added extra field for the photographer and his url. I’m not sure I need all of that. my previous theme (responsive) provided just the title, an image that was about 532px by 726px and exif data. I don’t even think that exif is that important. desirable, maybe. essential no. thank you for looking into this.
    souleye

braddalton
    Participant

You could use that template in Genesis or filter the wp_get_attachment_image_attributes $size in your child theme using a custom function.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.