How do I remove the date on my blog posts?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How do I remove the date on my blog posts?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hard Boiled Greg 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ted
    Participant

I would like to remove the date on my blog posts (am using the Lifestyle Theme), so that it doesn’t show up in my blog posts as well as the search engine searches.

Please advice how I can do this. Many thanks.

Ted
    Participant

I would like to also remove the date showing on the homepage as well as the blog pages.

Ted
    Participant

Anyone can help me with this?

Ted
    Participant

I found the “Simple Edits” that removed the blog posts date, but not the homepage date. Please advice as to how I can remove the homepage dates?

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi Ted,

Do you mean the date in the top right corner beside the menu?

You can turn this off in the Genesis settings by un-ticking “Enable Extras on Right Side”.

Let me know if you get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Hard Boiled Greg

Ted
    Participant

No, I mean the blog posted date that appears in each and every teaser post on the homepage. The title at the top, followed by the date and author’s name and finally, teaser copy below it.

So far, I’ve managed to removed the date in the blog posts itself, and the date doesn’t appear on the categories teaser as well. But it still appears on the homepage teaser.

Please advice how I can remove this.

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi Ted,

If you have set up your site like the demo then that content is being displayed via the Genesis – Featured Posts widget. There is a tick-box where you can choose not to display the Post Info at all and a field below you can edit to just display what you want.

That should resolve it for you; let me know how it goes.

Hard Boiled Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.