How do I resize my sidebar to 300px?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How do I resize my sidebar to 300px?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eevdo 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eevdo

Hi guys,

I am running the Genesis Framework and was curious to know how I can resize my sidebar to ensure that 300×250 ads can fit properly without being cut off.

Thank you,
    Eric

http://bit.ly/1aTG5EY

Mealtog
    Participant

I think the easiest way is to choose a theme that has a minimum 300 width for side bar. Not much coding help but some themes, for whatever reason, is not 300×250 friendly. So odd because even two 150×150 small banners would need more than 300 pixels wide.

braddalton
    Participant

I think you’ll find its already big enough otherwise you can use CSS in your child themes style.css file:
    [css]
    .sidebar {
    width: 300px;
    }
    [/css]

You’ll need to allow for the default padding.

Mealtog
    Participant

Hey Brad, thanks for chiming in. During my testing, some themes would automatically shrink a 300×250 banner (proportionally) to fit inside the sidebar. I do not remember which theme it was that I tested adjusting CSS but I remember it caused some issues in the footer once I adjusted the .sidebar setting. Was a mess. Uninstalled that theme and never looked back. Let’s hope SP designers understand the standard 300×250 banner creatives need to fit nicely and un-touched inside the sidebar. Large advertisers and agencies would never let their creatives be altered.

eevdo

Hi guys,
    The style.css was already at 300px and it still doesn’t seem to work at all. Is there a way for me to reduce the padding on the sidebar?

Any other ideas?
    Eric

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  eevdo.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  eevdo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.