How to add an image logo to a child theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add an image logo to a child theme?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  headspaced 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

headspaced
    Participant

I bought the agency theme to use as a guide when working with genesis, was going to build out my own theme (which I’ve done before in both drupal and wordpress, so I’m not entirely unfamiliar with theses processes).  What I can’t seem to find is any example of how to add support for a clickable logo to a theme (NOT a header image, just the standard home page linked logo that goes in the top left of most sites.  (It’s even on this page itself).  Can anyone guide me in the right direction on this?

wp guy
    Participant

Install the Genesis Simple Headers plugin, upload logo. Make sure you have selected “image” logo in your Genesis settings.

headspaced
    Participant

Awesome, thanks.  Where is that “image” logo setting?  I can’t find it anywhere.

wp guy
    Participant

Go into your Genesis settings and scroll down. You should see a drop down to choose between a text or image logo. If not, click “Appearance” – “Themes” – “Customize” – “Site Title & Tagline” then uncheck to display text.

headspaced
    Participant

ah!  Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.