How to add social sharing icons for blog posts?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add social sharing icons for blog posts?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RileySmith 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ted
    Participant

I want to add in social sharing icons in each blog posts so that readers can share the posts onto their twitter, facebook, linkedin, google+…. community. How do I add them? What codes do I use? Is there a widget that can do this?

Susan

There are a number of plug-ins available; rather than making a recommendation of one for you, here’s a list of a number of them:

Social Sharing Plug-ins

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

AC
    Blocked

Another suggestion is using the Jetpack plugin. That along with some other useful features are included in the pack.

Ted
    Participant

That’s a great share, thank you so much Susan. And thanks anitac for your help as well.

Ted
    Participant

I used the AddThis plugin to add in the social sharing icons to the blog posts. How do I reposition them at the end of my blog posts to be directly at the end of the blog post, right before the “linkwithin” plugin that I have activated? And how do I ensure there’s a bit of spacing between the last sentence of the blog post, the social sharing icons and the next “linkwithin” plugin?

Example here:

http://www.myradiary.com/313/the-painful-truths-about-rheumatoid-drugs

AC
    Blocked

What and where is the “linkwithin”?

Ted
    Participant

it is right at the end of the blog post, the part where it says “you might also like”. Linkwithin is the plugin name.

AC
    Blocked

Oh, okay. Sorry.  I was looking for a button of some sort. So you want the share buttons to come before the “You might also like?”

Ted
    Participant

yes, that’s right. and at the same time, to give it a bit of cushion before the words “you might also like”. If you see the social icons now, they appear to go right above the “filed under categories/tags text” now. I want to have a bit of cushion right after the social icons as well once it is moved to above “you might also like” section.

AC
    Blocked

Here’s the first thing I found – the cushion, which is the easiest right now. And then I’ll go look at the other.

Change the first “0” in the Padding to about 25px – then save it. That puts a padding at the top of the the tag area.

.post-meta {
    clear: both;
    font-size: 11px;
    padding: 0 0 10px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

AC
    Blocked

For the Linkwithin – well they don’t provide any instructions for it. I use a plugin called nReleate which give you a code you can use to insert it where ever you want. Not quite sure how to help you on moving that below the social icons.

RileySmith
    Participant

You can try this plugin too “wordpress.org/extend/plugins/loginradius-for-wordpress/” from <a href-“www.loginradius.com”> LoginRadius</a> which provides the option to manage all things from admin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.