How to add the HomePage Slider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to add the HomePage Slider

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Just Dave 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

Hello,

We are new to WordPress and love the AgentPress product. Although, as non-techies we find the documentation either hard to find or digest.

Can you help me?

I am trying to add ahomepage “slider” and the Diverse Solutions IDX search box as seen used in many AgentPress sites.

How do I do it?

Thank you.

Nick Davis
    Participant

Hi – I don’t know if you’ve already seen this documentation but just in case:

http://my.studiopress.com/setup/agentpress-theme/

In short you need to install and activate a plugin called Genesis Slider to get this part working. If you go to Plugins > Add New > Search inside WordPress you should be able to find it from there. Once you’ve done this follow the instructions in the link above to get this going.

I haven’t set-up the Diverse Solutions IDX search before, but again this is probably a plugin, more details seem to be here:

http://www.diversesolutions.com/idx/idx-plugin-for-wordpress

Hope this gets you going

@NickCDavis. WordPress developer & Genesis fan boy living in Italy.
    Don’t want to set up your theme yourself? Try my new ThemeValet service.

scoe
    Participant

Hello mpFOx,

The DiverseSolutions.com plugin that accesses MLS listings is a premium plugin. You can sign up for a 30 day demo. Post here again if you need help on it but they do offer support for their plugin (not the studiopress theme itself).

Thanks,

SCOE

Michael
    Participant

Yea, thanks for the advice.

We have a Diverse Solutions IDX web-plugin subscription now and it’s great.

The question is how to combine their version of IDX search with a Genesis Slider like in the AgentPress Demo?
    Anyone in “AgentPressLand” understand how to help me?

Thank you.

Just Dave
    Participant

This has been discussed here before.  The listing slider displays non IDX data from the AgentPress Listings plugin.  However, there should be no problem putting a DS IDXPRESS search widget in what is identified as the Property Search box at the AP demo site, or the widget space beside the slider.

I am not familiar with DS IDXPRESS, but I assume your would either paste code there using a text widget, or simply move a DS IDXPRESS search widget into that space.  Regardless, you will be manually entering all data, including pictures, for the slider and all AgentPress search functions.   Also, the DS IDXPRESS search will be returning IDX data for results, not data from from your manually entered listings.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.