How to change "Receive my newsletter"

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to change "Receive my newsletter"

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Suzanneper 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Suzanneper
    Participant

On my blog, http://www.strandsofmylife.com , I have “Receive my Newsletter” next to my subscribe button just under the header image on my home page and “From my Blog” on my posts. Where can I change those words?

http://www.strandsofmylife.com

braddalton
    Participant

Take a look in your widgets. It might be in the tagline left widget.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Suzanneper
    Participant

It was under Appearance/Customize. So I have managed to change that on the home page but it still says “From the Blog” on the post pages. Do you know where that gets changed?

braddalton
    Participant

Thats hard coded into the theme which you can change. Line 16 in your page-title.php file:
    [php]
    elseif ( is_author() || is_category() || is_date() || is_search() || is_singular() || is_tag() ) {
    echo ‘<div id="page-title"><div class="wrap"><p>’ . __( ‘From the Blog’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘‘ . __( ‘Subscribe Now’, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘</p></div></div>’;
    }
    [/php]

Suzanneper
    Participant

I thought it might be there but how do I find that file? Is it under wp-admin or wp-content or….? I get a little lost in there.

braddalton
    Participant

Best to use File Manager in cPanel or FTP to access that file which is in your child theme folder.

Otherwise, you can access it from your WP Dashboard under Appearance > Editor > Templates in the right hand sidebar

Suzanneper
    Participant

I am with Synthesis and they don’t let you have the editor on the WP dashboard. I have to go into the PHP files through Cyberduck. So I am in the files now but I can’t find the part I need. Maybe I should be asking Synthesis.

Suzanneper
    Participant

Okay, I have done it. It was in the Themes folder as you said. Thanks so much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.