How to customize navbar for specific page template?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to customize navbar for specific page template?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Quaternion
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to set up a page template that uses a different menu bar than other pages, meaning I just want to change what links are shown in the nav bar, and I’d like to know how to do this. If it helps, I’m using a theme called “Glider” by inSpyr.

Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

Try installing the Genesis Simple Menu’s plugin

Create a custom menu and select it for use on the pages/posts you want to display it on

Quaternion
    Participant

Thanks, that plugin is very close to what I want, except for one problem. I want to change the primary nav bar on specific pages, but the plugin only allows specialized secondary nav bars. Perhaps there’s some way to edit the plugin so it customizes the primary nav bar instead of the secondary?

ATUB
    Participant

Would the code for the subnav from sonjay in this thread be useful for the primary nav?

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/need-help-displaying-custom-sidebar-custom-menu-automatically/

instead of genesis_do_subnav it would be genesis_do_nav

I’m not an expert, but was curious as to the solution of this problem in case I may want to try it sometime.

braddalton
    Participant

You’d want to test that code on a local installation first.

Not sure why you’d want to do it that way when the plugin makes it far easier and more flexible.

You can also reposition the seconday nav and deregister the primary nav easily.

http://www.briangardner.com/code/reposition-navigation/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.