How to Exclude a Category from Post Meta

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Exclude a Category from Post Meta

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Au Coeur 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Chad
    Participant

I am running newest WP, Genesis and Minimum Theme.

I have adapted Brian’s home page to use the Genesis Bootstrap Carousel. I have created a category called Carousel that I am assigning to any posts that I want to show up on the home page carousel only. I am then also using another category to have the post show on one of two category pages (New Homes and Additions and Renovations).

If you look on either of those two pages you will see that under the “Filled Under” section it shows “Carousel” as well as the category I want it to show under.

How can I adapt Brian’s custom code in functions.php to exclude this category? In my case carousel category ID is 7.

Here is his code:

/** Customize the post meta function */
    add_filter( ‘genesis_post_meta’, ‘post_meta_filter’ );
    function post_meta_filter( $post_meta ) {
    if ( !is_page() ) {
    $post_meta = ” . __( ‘Filed Under: ‘, ‘minimum’ ) . ‘ // ‘;
    return $post_meta;
    }}

Thank you for any assistance.

http://www.makobuildersinc.com/new-homes/

Au Coeur
    Participant

There is no simple way of doing this. Would it be possible for you to use a custom taxonomy instead of a category for the Genesis Bootstrap Carousel? That would allow you to filter without having the information end up visible in the categories list.

Mother. Web & Graphic Designer. Lactation Consultant. Blogging about how it all fits together, most recently from northern Colorado. Visit my blog or my design site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.