How to exclude post from Blog

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to exclude post from Blog

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cway 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

agapeonline
    Participant

I tried:
    Genesis -> Theme Settings -> Exclude the following Category IDs: slider  (the posts I want excluded but they still appear)

I even tired using the post id but nada!!

Please help!!

http://www.thecenterschool.info

anitac
    Participant

Are you trying to exclude a category from the Blog or the Slider? To exclude from the slider, you need to use the Exclude function in the slider settings.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

agapeonline
    Participant

I named all my slider posts/images “slider” so I want to exclude all posts categorized at “slider”

anitac
    Participant

Okay, then you need to put the category id number the Exclude section of Genesis > Theme Settings.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

agapeonline
    Participant

Got it!! I was using the post id# instead of the cat id # :( Thank you!!

Btw, I read your About Me on your website and found it interesting.  (You misspelled North Caroline :) I would love to chat about future collaboration since my growth path to building my business includes getting help web develop. Can we chat sometime soon so I can understand how you work?

Looking forward :)

Thanks again

anitac
    Participant

Thanks for telling me about the “typo”! Always appreciate another set of eyes. Send me a note over there and let’s keep in touch. We can exchange emails and Skype IDs.

agapeonline
    Participant

will do!!!

cway
    Participant

What if I wanted to exclude a post from a category, yet keep in on the home page?
    I want to keep the image of the sign in the slider, but not show it in the category.

http://www.fortcollinstattoo.com

Thanks!
    Cameron

anitac
    Participant

I would use the Simple Exclude plugin. You can tell it where you want the blogs to show up – http://wordpress.org/plugins/simply-exclude/.

cway
    Participant

That worked. Thanks, Anitac!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.