How to Make Home Page of Minimum Theme a Blog

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to Make Home Page of Minimum Theme a Blog

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kenandpaper
    Participant

I’ve tried doing this before.  Some of the advice involved changing the name of the home.php file to something like home-old.php and adjusting the settings in WordPress to make the blog page the home page.  The trouble I ran into there is that the navigation at the bottom of the page didn’t work.  When I clicked one of the page numbers or Next, the same last six posts showed up even if the numeric navigation bar indicated I was on page 2, 3, and so on.

I love the look and layout of the Minimum theme.  I just don’t need the dynamic home page.  Can anyone help?

SoZo

You shouldn’t need to do anything other than refrain from putting widgets into the home sidebars. It shows the loop by default.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

kenandpaper
    Participant

I don’t use the widgets, but it places the posts in two columns as excerpts.  I want one column and I want to be able to display a full post if I choose.   I know how to set up the number of posts displayed and so forth.  I just want to get rid of the two column layout and make it function like a traditional blog.

SoZo

Then you just delete home.php and leave the Reading settings at their defaults.

road2ruin
    Participant

Can I do this, add the V.2 home php to V.1  if  I want two columns of posts on the V.1 front page? seems too easy and likely to screw up everything…my usual result.

Road2Ruin aka Michael LongRun Pictures

kenandpaper
    Participant

Bingo. Easy.  I was just afraid to do that.  Thanks.

SoZo

@road2ruin please create a separate topic for your question.

@kenandpaper You’re welcome :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to Make Home Page of Minimum Theme a Blog’ is closed to new replies.