How To Migrate Post and Page Images To Test Site

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How To Migrate Post and Page Images To Test Site

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wisefamily
    Participant

I just got a studiopress theme and set up a test site to build it.

I’m going to use the export function on the old site to transfer the existing posts and pages.

How do I export and make sure the posts and pages transfer with the images that are already on there?

anitac
    Participant

It will automatically export the images in the file. When you import the file – it will ask you if you want to import the images – say yes.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

wisefamily
    Participant

I’m about to import everything but so far it hasn’t asked me anything about images.

The screen I’m on says:

1. Import author
    2. Import Attachments
    Download and import file attachments

Does that include images?

anitac
    Participant

Make sure you check the box for download and import file attachments. That will include the images and they’ll be right in the Media Library area.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How To Migrate Post and Page Images To Test Site’ is closed to new replies.