How to remove link underneath images?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to remove link underneath images?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wordpress 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ari Herzog
    Participant

See http://ariherzog.com/forced-unfollow/ as an example. I just installed a new plugin/widget for those social icons and there is a strange link appearing underneath the icons. How can I remove those lines? Is there html code I’m missing?

Or, is it css similar to this older advice thread?

I am a storyteller. I moved my blog from Thesis to Genesis in April 2013. I’m still learning.

Wordpress

The social icons are being styled by the rule a { border-bottom: 1px dotted #333; } Put this in your css file to remove that border for the social icons:

.social-icons a {
        border: 0;
    }

Ari Herzog
    Participant

Awesome! How did you figure that out (so I can learn)? Inspecting the element directly and figuring out its name?

I am a storyteller. I moved my blog from Thesis to Genesis in April 2013. I’m still learning.

Wordpress

On Chrome I directly inspect the element and look at the styles. Click around on the HTML part on the left to see if it’s inheriting styles from ancestor/parent elements. In this case all I did was directly inspect the social icon, then on the HTML panel clicked its parent <a> tag to check if it’s inheriting styles from it, and it was and that’s how I knew. Oh, and yeah, check the class/id name of those elements on the HTML panel.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  WordPress.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Wordpress.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.