How to separate diferent kinds of posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to separate diferent kinds of posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pedromendes
    Participant

Hello all,

I am looking to build a blog with tho separate types of posts:

- Posts like announcement on a ‘job’ board
    - More in depth articles (features, interviews)

I am looking to use genesis. Is there a way to have one section of the homepage highlight the latest announcements, and another display the latest articles? Can I have separate areas on the blog, to display there different kinds of post?

Thank you so much,
    Pedro

anitac
    Participant

Yes, absolutely. By creating different Categories you can use the Featured Posts widget in different areas. For example, you can have the Music Category in the top area and then use another Featured Posts widget for the News Category. So if you have 5 categories – you can use 5 Featured Posts widgets selecting a category for each one.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

pedromendes
    Participant

Thanks Anita!

So, if I learn wordpress and php I can take a child theme and adapt it to my needs, right?

P.

anitac
    Participant

Yes. If you need help there are a lot of resources out there or feel free to email me. My website address is in my footer.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.