html comments in code

Community Forums Forums General Discussion html comments in code

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jgarner 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jgarner
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the HTML comments in the code. While setting up the site that was all great to have but it would be nice to be able to switch off the html comments in the code like “<!– end #fat-footer-3 –>”

Thanks

Aditya Pandey
    Participant

Well, I use W3 Total Cache Plugin to minify my HTML. You can use it to minify the HTML (and remove comments) too as well enable caching for better speed.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Aditya Pandey.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Aditya Pandey.

jgarner
    Participant

Thanks Aditya,

I have a lot of problems with W3TC and found it had far more functions that I didn’t use than WP Super Cache. I had tried a plugin that removes comments in general but then some of them are used in the code so it breaks the page…

Would be nice to have an option in the Genesis framework to turn them off once development has stopped to reduce page size and the comments don’t serve any purpose other than for dev work IMHO

John

essaysnark
    Participant

One of the features in Genesis 2.0 is “Inline HTML comments have been removed to reduce page size.”

http://www.studiopress.com/releases/genesis-framework-20-beta.htm

jgarner
    Participant

Wow cool thanks essaysnark and there look to be some interesting functions there.

Hope it works with Dynamik

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.