I Don't Like Black!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks I Don't Like Black!

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Teresa 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Teresa
    Participant

I love, love, love, the Studiopress themes. In my opinion every single one of them is perfect except for one thing. There is so much black! The backgrounds are black and the text in the Menus and Footer widgets is barely legible.

Is there any way for me to automatically know which elements to change from black to some other color? I recognize many of the #HTML color codes, but not all of them and it’s very time-consuming to change a color, test it, change it back when it isn’t the right one, etc. (as I’m sure the designers already know!)

I’d like to be able to search through the CSS, change all that black to something less drab and move on to creating my blogs. I’ve changed colors in several of them – and I get a lot of compliments on the sites. I always tell people they are Studiopress designs and I’m an affiliate.

But I just don’t like all that black! Any simple suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Teresa

colson
    Participant

The easiest way to see what is making the different colors and to try it without actually making those changes is using firebug

https://getfirebug.com/

This allows you to make changes and see what they look like(you can not save them here) in the browser and then you can go to the style sheet and make the ones you want and save them.

Teresa
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Teresa

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.