I'm I in over my head?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks I'm I in over my head?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jay530 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jay530
    Participant

Hello, recently purchased Genesis about a week ago and just installed it with the prose child theme today. I have watched all the videos and read as many tutorials as I can though I don’t understand much. I purchased the prose theme as it states “customize without ever touching a line of code” which is great for me as I am new to all of this and lost when it comes to code. However, I can’t seem to figure things out. The main thing I would like to do is on my “home” page layout have my home page content at top and then blog posts beneath, I guess this would be called a feature page?? I’m not sure but if anyone can point me in the right direction to a turtorial or video that I may have overlooked it would be much appreciated, this is already getting a bit frustrating and I’m thinking I may just be in over my head.

jay530
    Participant

I’m reading the “genesis for beginners” but not quite getting where I’m messing up. I set my front page as a static page in wp settings, and then I placed featured page and featured post widget in sidebar, but I’ts not showing anything, maybe I’ll just hire someone to handle the layout for me.  If you care to respond and point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated! Happy Valentines to all and a good night!

Bill Murray
    Participant

The Prose theme offers a lot of design settings not available in other themes (the background for customizing without coding). However, without some customization, the Prose theme out of the box just has a blog style home page, so you’re not going to be able to get a home page layout (that is, widgetized content) with blog posts beneath that. Prose will give you a home page of blog posts. Therefore, there’s no tutorial or video that I’m aware of that can get you from where you are to where you want (assuming I understand what you want correctly).

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

jay530
    Participant

Is there another theme that offers the kind of layout I am looking for? I just want my “home”page article and then blog posts underneath if that makes sense.

jay530
    Participant

Now I bought eleven40, lol, the home page in the demo is what I am trying to recreate. Hopefully I will figure it out because I can’t sing or dance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.