IP Tracking / Visitor Mapping

Community Forums Forums General Discussion IP Tracking / Visitor Mapping

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hsimpson
    Participant

I have a Google Analytics account and have installed the code on my new StudioPress Magazine site. One of the things I don’t like about Google Analytics is that they do not show you the IP addresses of your visitors. I like to have that info. Does anyone recommend a good plugin for WordPress that will do some really good mapping of your visitors, not only showing you who is online right now, but also a history of who has been online in the past that you can review that will also show IP address along with country/state, etc? I was searching around online and there seem to be a few options, was hoping to see if anyone here already has some experience with this and can recommend something good?

Thanks!!!!

Anita
    Participant

Have you tried creating any specialty reports in Google Analytics or are you using the default reports?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

hsimpson
    Participant

Yes, tried both. As far as I know and from searching online,  Google Analytics specifically does not show the IP address, apparently that constitutes “privacy” by Google.

Anita
    Participant

The only thing that I have seen personally that showed the IP address is the Who’s Online widget, however – it doesn’t save that information in the database. It’s only there while they are browsing the site. And if Google isn’t showing that information because of the privacy law, more than likely others have or will follow suit. Are you just trying to see where the people are hitting from? If so, I use the Jetpack plugin which is hooked up to WordPress.com. You sign up with them just to use the Jetpack. Most of the features can be seen using your Dashboard, but if you log directly into your account on WordPress.com – you can see all the hits and where they originated from all over the world.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.