JetPack – How to customise Comments or Sharing header fonts?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion JetPack – How to customise Comments or Sharing header fonts?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MM 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

MM
    Participant

Has anyone found out how to customise the JetPack Comments or Sharing header fonts?

cehwitham
    Participant

Do you have a link to your site? It should just be a case of getting the CSS selectors right and then assign the correct font to it within style.css

If you can post a link I’ll take a look.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

MM
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

cehwitham
    Participant

I think if you add the following to you style.css file you should be able to change the styles of the comment header:

#respond h3 {
    font-family: 'Lato', serif;
    }

You may need to make it:

#respond #reply-title {
    font-family: 'Lato', serif;
    }

But see how you get on.

I can’t see the sharing title, could you point it out to me and I can figure out the selector you need.

Nice looking site by the way!

Chris

MM
    Participant

Thanks Chris!

Alas doesn’t seem to work.

Is this perhaps being blocked by using Jetpack Comments?

Cheers, Michael

cehwitham
    Participant

You might need to increase the specificity of your selector to get it to over ride the JetPack styles, The following article may be helpful:

http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2007/07/27/css-specificity-things-you-should-know/

Unfortunately I can’t see the link to your site any more as it’s marked as private in the forum and I’m not a staff member, I’ve also deleted the email notification I got the link in so I can’t tell you exactly what to use.

Chris

MM
    Participant

Strange? Thanks Chris.  It’s mikemetcalfe.co – any advice on exactly what to use appreciated. ;)

cehwitham
    Participant

Sorry Michael,

On further inspection I’ve just realised that JetPack puts the comments in an iFrame and therefore can’t be styled by your CSS. The following thread over at WordPress.org says a bit more.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-jetpack-by-wordpresscom-jetpack-comments-css-editing

MM
    Participant

Cheers Chris – yes thought you had some secret advice that wasn’t elsewhere online. Thanks for trying! ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.