Leave a Comment Text Won't Change

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Leave a Comment Text Won't Change

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tony
    Participant

I’m trying to change the “leave a comment” text site wide, but the code on the Studiopress website doesn’t do anything. Here’s what I’m using:

//* Modify the comment link text in comments
    add_filter( 'genesis_post_info', 'sp_post_info_filter' );
    function sp_post_info_filter( $post_info ) {
    return '[post_comments zero="0" one="1" more="%"]';
    }

Basically, I want the output to show the numbers only.

Any ideas? This is on the Beautiful Pro theme.

nutsandbolts

This tutorial walks you through several customizations for comments, including changing the “leave a comment” text: http://www.bourncreative.com/customizing-genesis-2-0-html5-comment-form/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Tony
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the resource, but unless I didn’t see it, it’s not quite what I’m looking for.

I’m referring to the “leave a comment” link that appears in the post info section, specifically the .entry-comments-link span class.

This is where it shows how many comments the article has. I want to change it from the default “leave a comment” when there’s zero comments to just display “0″.

The code I posted in the original post doesn’t work, and I’m not sure why.

Tony
    Participant

I was able to get the result I want by placing:

[post_comments zero="0" one="1" more="%"]

in the genesis_entry_header hook using the simple hooks plugin.

It still would be nice to know how to accomplish this the right way in the functions.php file.

nutsandbolts

Sorry, I just realized the tutorial I linked to wasn’t even applicable to what you asked! I think I’m losing it. o_O

Here’s how you would do the same thing with a function – try this one and see if it works:

//* Customize the post info function
    add_filter( 'genesis_entry_header', 'sp_post_info_filter' );
    function sp_post_info_filter($post_info) {
    if ( !is_page() ) {
    	$post_info = '[post_date] by [post_author_posts_link] [post_comments zero="0" one="1" more="%"] [post_edit]';
    	return $post_info;
    }}

Now, that long line may need to be changed depending on whether you want the date, post author, etc. to be included. Let me know how it works out and whther it needs to be modified.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.