Lifestyle 2.0.2 Home widgets

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lifestyle 2.0.2 Home widgets

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

How can change the home widgets? Instead of home left & right, I’d like to have home 1, home 2, home 3, home 4 & NO sidebar on just the home page.
    like this:
    screenshot
    Thanks Steve

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Steve@BHQ.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Steve@BHQ.
    http://bassanglerhq.com/damiki/

anitac
    Participant

You should probably create a new home.php file. Add in the new widget areas and register the sidebars in your functions.php file. You’ll need to add the CSS to the style sheet for those areas also.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Thank you Anita, I did that and I now have the widget areas. I wasn’t sure about the styling, so I copied the styling for the other home widget, changed to match these widget etc. Take a look. How do I get the widgets to display in a row and without the sidebar?

anitac
    Participant

You need to “force the full page layout” – add this to your functions.php file:

//* Force full-width-content layout setting
    add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Thank you again, got rid of the side bar. but the widgets are still not lined up. http://bassanglerhq.com/damiki/

anitac
    Participant

Change all of the widget widths to 25%. On HomePage-3 widget – change the float to left. The first three widgets should float left – the last one (#4) should remain right.

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Ok, that worked. Thank you! take a look now, http://bassanglerhq.com/damiki/ I’d like to have each of the end widgets line up at full-width, then each spaced out from there. It also looks like the widget home 4 image is getting curt off.

anitac
    Participant

Change 920px to 960px and that should do it.

#inner {
        margin: 0 auto;
        overflow: hidden;
        padding: 15px 0 0;
        width: 920px;
    }

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

yup, that did it. Thank you for all your help.

I know most of what I was asking for was outside of the scope of “Studio Press” support and I REALLY appreciate your help. Please send me your contact info to steve@316design.com and if I can ever use your services, I’ll contact you.

anitac
    Participant

I sure will. Glad it worked out for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lifestyle 2.0.2 Home widgets’ is closed to new replies.