Link Color Is White – Outreach Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Link Color Is White – Outreach Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Jones 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kim
    Participant

This theme has been pretty annoying since it has some bugs. But, I finally got it the way I want it, only I noticed that the links in my pages are WHITE. I believe this is because I had to do some work to make the color of the text in my navbar white. The theme has several colors, but when I chose RED, it made the text on the navbar unreadable (RED). So, I messed around with it to make it white. I don’t remember exactly what I did though. But, now I see it affected the link color in the entire site.

How can I get the link color on the web site pages/posts & rest of site to not be white, say RED. But, I want the navbar text to say white. I have included a screenshot below since my site is in maintenance mode. I can take it out of maintenance mode if necessary.

I would greatly appreciate ANY help! Thanks!

Screenshot

http://www.newdesignsite.com/

Gary Jones

It’s just a case of being more specific with the CSS. Difficult to give exact code without having the site to hand, but generally you’d be aiming for:

[css]
    a {
    color: red;
    }
    .genesis-nav-menu a {
    color: #fff;
    }
    [/css]

That is greatly simplified, and doesn’t include all of the other properties and values, but you can see how the second ruleset is more specific, so that it only targets the anchors inside elements with the class of genesis-nav-menu.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (all 90 of them!) | @GaryJ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.