Linking Post Titles to Individual Post

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Linking Post Titles to Individual Post

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cyberinfinity 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cyberinfinity
    Participant

I’m using the Freelance child theme. My client would like the post titles displayed on the main blog page to be linked to the individual post pages. I’m fairly new to using hooks, and I’m stumped as to where I find the actual code for genesis_post_title, so that I can add that link to it.

Thanks in advance,
    Beth

http://dzmmlaw.com

Dorian Speed
    Participant

It’s possible I’m missing something here, but I think the post titles already DO link to the individual post pages. Don’t they?

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

cyberinfinity
    Participant

I thought that was / should be the default as well, but for some reason they’re not, so I guess my question should be “how do I fix whatever I screwed up earlier, and make them linked again, like they should be” :)

Ozzy
    Participant

it looks like you’ve tried to hardcode some stuff into the theme like h1 tag. it looks like you’ve hooked something in genesis_post_content or genesis_before_post_content.

i’d try looking into something in that area for the problem.

cyberinfinity
    Participant

DOH! I figured out what was going on.

Originally, the blog was a separate WP install from the rest of the site.

During that time, on the site, I had told it not to display page titles, and just entered what I wanted displayed as a <H2> header in the content of the page, so that I could make the post title itself a menu-friendly thing like “Divorce” instead of “Harrisburg Divorce and Family Law Attorneys.” and not have to manually edit all the navigation labels in the menu.

When we consolidated, I just imported the blog posts to the other site. All (most?) of the blog posts have sections with headers/subtitles, and what we were seeing as an unlinked blog post title, was actually just the first of the section headers.

I removed the code hiding page titles, and now they’re there and linked.

I’ll have some work ahead of me changing all the page titles, removing the fake title, editing the nav label for a zillion pages, but that’s just tedious, at least I know what I need to do.

Dorian Speed
    Participant

Ah, got it – that makes sense. Not sure this would be helpful here, but for future reference, Bill Erickson has a plugin that allows you to turn page titles on/off on an individual basis. You can modify it to apply to posts as well. It’s Genesis Title Toggle.

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

cyberinfinity
    Participant

Oh that would be great, thanks for the tip!

Beth

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Linking Post Titles to Individual Post’ is closed to new replies.