Make genesis responsive slider full width in Minimum theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Make genesis responsive slider full width in Minimum theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martyn 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Michael Rytter
    Participant

We’re using the minimum theme and have added the genesis responsive slider in place of the featured image.  Everything works great, except we can’t figure out how to make the images go full width like the original sample image was.  I’ve read through all of the forum posts that related to this and cannot figure out what I’ve missed.  If anyone can help me with this, we would greatly appreciate it.  I’m a newby with this type of stuff, , but can usually figure things out with a bit of instruction.

Thanks so much.

Christina

http://articlesack.com

ModernMuse
    Participant

Hiya,
    Change the width from 1140px to 100% in your style sheet. Starts on line 172.  :)

Michael Rytter
    Participant

Thanks :)  It worked for the slider width, but it also changed the width of the rest of the site.  Is there any way to just make the slider (featured image area) full width and not the rest of the site?

ModernMuse
    Participant

I see now…

The first .wrap div should be the original 1140px in width, sorry.

I do see where the #header is 1140px on line 185. Tinker with it to see if that fixes your issue.

ModernMuse
    Participant

I’ve got to sign off now, but wanted to mention that the slider is within the .wrap div, so that’s why it’s not going the width of the screen; it’s limited by the width of the wrap, which is 1140px.

Perhaps there’s a better way and another designer can chime in, but I would move the slider outside of the wrap so it’s not affected.

Michael Rytter
    Participant

We added the slider from the instructions in this post  http://www.carriedils.com/add-slider-minimum-theme/2293.    Is there a better way to add the slider?  This seems like a pretty common question with the same problems occurring but there is no fix noted in any of the forum posts.    Please help :(

Michael Rytter
    Participant

Got it figured out….thanks genesis support :)

I’ve added this to the css and  it did the trick :

#home-featured .wrap {
    width: 100%;
    }

ModernMuse
    Participant

Awesome! Best wishes. :)

Martyn
    Participant

Thanks for making this information public Michael with

#home-featured .wrap {
    width: 100%;
    }

I thought I could set the padding to 0 but can only seem to set it globally…

Is there a solution where the top and bottom margin can be reclaimed to full height too as per Sample-Image.jpg?

With the slideshow solution mentioned it adds a margin top and bottom I’d like to eliminate.

Thanks

Martyn

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Martyn.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Martyn.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.