making responsive theme, non-responsive

Community Forums Forums General Discussion making responsive theme, non-responsive

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

netviper
    Participant

So I am trying to do what the title says.

I picked executive.  Commented out the responsive part, changed the max width to 960px.

I went to look at it on the ipad and it looks bad in portrait mode (the left side wasn’t right).  When I look at the non-responsive themes, they look fine.  What am I missing?

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You also need to remove the viewport metatag from functions.php

/** Add Viewport meta tag for mobile browsers */
    add_action( 'genesis_meta', 'executive_add_viewport_meta_tag' );
    function executive_add_viewport_meta_tag() {
    echo '';
    }

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

netviper
    Participant

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the tip.  It still didn’t work however. :(  The left side is all stuck against the screen in portrait on the ipad.  I think I will just use a non-responsive theme for this one.  I am on a time crunch.

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Yeah, commenting out the responsive when changing to max-width 960px isn’t going to completely do it. You’ll have to adjust widths elsewhere since many of the widths adjustments are also in the responsive part.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.