Metro: Custom Categories

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro: Custom Categories

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GoBuccs
    Participant

I’m using the Metro Theme and would like to know if there is a way to have the background image and the widget area change according to the categories I set up. My concept is to have a different look for each category. Is this possible and if so, how can I make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

braddalton
    Participant

Yes, you can use conditional tags in a custom function for this purpose. Its a fair amount of coding.

Another option is to use the background manager plugin.

There are other plugins which you can also use for this purpose which you’ll find in the WordPress plugin repo.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

GoBuccs
    Participant

braddalton,

Thanks for the info. I was able to get the background image to change according to the categories with the plugin you suggested, but haven’t had any luck with the other elements using the conditional tags. Is there a way for someone to walk me through the process?

Thanks again.

Dale Fletcher
    Participant

GoBucs, could you share a url for your site so i can see the different backgrounds? Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

Here’s another solution. http://wpsites.net/web-design/display-background-image-slide-show-conditionally/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.