Metro Pro Asynchronously Loading

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro Pro Asynchronously Loading

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mealtog 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mealtog
    Participant

So Pagespeed is complaining that Metro Pro and some plugins are slowing down page load speeds for mobile. Here is the warning:

“None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.”

Here are some on-domain examples that we can hopefully fix. Any ideas on how to fix these?

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:
    -includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.10.2
    /jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1
    et/js/q2w3-fixed-widget.min.js?ver=4.0.6
    /metro-pro/js/backstretch.js?ver=1.0.0
    etro-pro/js/backstretch-set.js?ver=1.0.0
    -tab-widget-for-jetpack/tab.js?ver=3.8.1

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:
    ubscriptions/subscriptions.css?ver=3.8.1
    ent/themes/metro-pro/style.css?ver=2.0.0
    /plugins/wp-polls/polls-css.css?ver=2.63
    modules/widgets/widgets.css?ver=20121003
    tab-widget-for-jetpack/tab.css?ver=3.8.1
    ple-social-icons/css/style.css?ver=1.0.5
    n/css/single-post-navigation.css?ver=1.5
    is-responsive-slider/style.css?ver=0.9.2

Can W3 Total Cache be configured to help the above?

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by  Mealtog.

Mealtog
    Participant

Bump. Anyone running into these page load issues?

Summer
    Participant

I have a site running Metro, a typically, for me, backstretch has always been slow loading, and compared to other Genesis themes that don’t use it, Metro and Metro Pro lose out in the time trials.

Plus, I consider anything and everything Jetpack to be a bloat-filled monster, and a general waste of time in terms of functionality vs efficiency, but that might just be me ;)

That, and I’m not a fan of caching plugins for WordPress anymore. They seem to cause more problems than they resolve anymore, because so many browsers on so many devices do their own caching, plus if you’ve got enough traffic that you’re on a hosting set up that has their own load-balancing in place, you’re just adding one more unnecessary pile of cached content for your users to wade through.

Mealtog
    Participant

Interesting comment about the caching for WordPress Summer. My experience has been caching, when set up right (not using memcache to disk), say using memcache on RAM, help to alleviate server spikes in RAM and CPU as well as speed up page loads. Asides from the plugin problems (believe me, I have found my share of bugs in all the major caching plugins), what sort of problems are you finding with caching WordPress?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.