Metro Theme – Any Way to Have Caption Show for Home Top Image?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro Theme – Any Way to Have Caption Show for Home Top Image?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kay9 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kay9
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to have the caption you write for your Home Top widget’s “featured” image show?

And is there a way to have the featured image show once the person clicks “read more” (or “continue reading” etc.) on that post? The image only shows on the front of the site and not in the post itself, I guess? (using the “more” tag).

Hope this makes sense to someone,

Thanks.

http://logicsnarl.com

Terry
    Participant

The short answer is yes, you can write some code to display the caption for a “Featured Image.” Bill Erickson wrote a blog post on it that can be found at http://www.billerickson.net/wordpress-featured-image-captions/ It require some php code and css styling.

Someone else may suggest a plugin. I’ve never used one.

The featured image is selected/displayed to represent the post or page. It provides the flexibility to use that representative image in say, a portfolio – where you can specify that all featured images are of a certain size (one of the three default sizes or one you specify). A featured image is used in a number of places, including archive listings and some widgets.
    To include the featured image in the post or page you can add it to the content. If you add the featured image to the content you’ll run into situations where you’ll have duplicate images b/c both are displayed. There are workarounds that depend on the situation.

Hope that helps.

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

kay9
    Participant

Thank you! I will go check that out right away. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.