Metro theme background image – using portrait photo

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro theme background image – using portrait photo

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wittycassiehere 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wittycassiehere
    Participant

In my attempt to customize the background image of the Metro theme, I’m finding that no matter how big or small I make my portrait-style image file, the top and bottom of the image are cut off. Landscape style images are fine. Surely there’s a way I can use a portrait photo without losing large chunks of the image? If so, what should the dimensions be?

Thanks!

dabyrom
    Participant

Hi Cassie,

You are probably having problems because the theme is set-up for a landscape background.  The default background image is 1440 x 900.  Here is the link: http://demo.studiopress.com/metro/files/2013/01/bg.jpg.

Maybe you could edit your image to fit those dimensions.  Right now the theme is forcing those dimensions which is why your portrait size is cutting off the top and bottom.

I also wonder if your problem could be fixed with CSS styling but I’m not smart enough to tell you how.

wittycassiehere
    Participant

Thanks for your help, dabyrom. That makes sense, but what a bummer! I’ll play around with the dimensions, though. If anyone else knows of a way around it (I’m open to white space around the borders of the background image), feel free to chime in!

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.