Metro theme featured posts widget in primary sidebar

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro theme featured posts widget in primary sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  foxman 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

quickquestion
    Participant

Hi all,I’ve placed a “Featured Posts” widget in the primary sidebar of my Metro theme. When displayed, it uses an H2 tag, which puts the post titles in a large bold font, and spaces them out too much vertically.

I’m trying to close up the spacing of the post headlines and shrink the text a bit. I assume that I should adjust the css, but I don’t know how to do this without the changes affecting all my h2 tags, not just the ones in this widget.

Little help, please?

Thanks

Susan

In the primary sidebar, the title areas are in H4, not H2. Are you checking the box “Show post title”? If so, uncheck it, and just use the widget’s title area. That way, you don’t need to adjust the size of the heading.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

quickquestion
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I uncheck ‘show post title’ all my links disappear.

I tried using the ‘display unordered list’ part of the widget and ‘show post title’ checked. This shows my links and gives me the look I want, but it requires that I specify at least one post under “number of posts to show,” which displays one headline with an h2 class. (which I don’t want.)

Not sure I’m being clear. What I want is a Widget Title and an unordered list of links from a specific category that looks like the ‘Recent Posts’ widget output.

Make sense? Any suggestions? I’d really appreciate it

CathyEarle
    Participant

I’m having this same issue. I have too much space between the headlines of each post and am only displaying the headlines not the content or image.

I can change the font size using H2 tag but the margin and padding or line height don’t change (the font size does).

`.widget-area h2 a {
    font-size: 14px;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    line-height: 18px;
    }

foxman
    Participant

So has anyone figured out how to change the font/look of the ‘Genesis – Featured Posts’ widget so that it matches the look of ‘Recent Comments’ widget? (I’m using Metro Pro theme).

I just want to display popular posts based on comments. I don’t want to display random posts.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.