Metro Theme Recent Posts Widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro Theme Recent Posts Widget

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sanjeev 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mike Gosling
    Participant

I have inadvertently added the following html to the header of the Recent posts widget at http://www.MikeGosling.com:

<h4 class=”widgettitle”><span class=”sidebar-title”>The 411 on Me</span></h4>

Now when I drag the Recent Posts widget into the sidebar I get a broken line image all over my blog and the Recent Posts widget appears incorrectly at the foot of the blog page.

Please advise how I find and remove the html I incorrectly inserted or how I restore the widget, Recent Posts.

Dr. Mike Gosling, The Emotional Leader Program

sanjeev
    Participant

Hi Mike, Where exactly you added the html..in the recent post widget title or in the style.css file, if its the widget title than drop that widget to the left top section in widget admin screen, it will clear any settings and start again. Also make sure that the cache is cleaned up.

Meet me at: Make Web World

Mike Gosling
    Participant

Hi Sanjeev,

I have removed both my ‘411’ widget and the ‘Recent Posts’ widget as you suggest. Now when I add a new ‘Recent Posts’ widget to the sidebar it does not appear at all.

Could this be because there appears to be an additional </div> tag in the widget area. I count 4 x <div> and 5 x </div>:

<div id=”sidebar” class=”sidebar widget-area”>

<div class=”widget widget_text”><div class=”widget-wrap”><h4 class=”widgettitle”>Primary Sidebar Widget Area</h4><div class=”textwidget”><p>This is the Primary Sidebar Widget Area. You can add content to this area by visiting your <a href=”http://mikegosling.com/wp-admin/widgets.php“>Widgets Panel</a> and adding new widgets to this area.</p></div></div></div></div>

</div><!– end #content-sidebar-wrap –>

Mike Gosling
    Participant

It’s all good now, thank you. There must have been a delay in the refreshing of my site.

sanjeev
    Participant

Glad you have got it sorted. Always disable cache plugins if you are trying to make some design changes….they always create delays in showing the results….

Meet me at: Make Web World

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.