Metro theme won't save updates/changes

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Metro theme won't save updates/changes

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Paul
    Participant

Working on a site this evening, and all of a sudden it won’t save any changes I make on a page. I am trying to add a custom field, but when I update the page, the custom field I just added is gone. And I’m also trying to change the layout of another page, but again, as soon as I update the page, the change I just made is gone.

I’ve tried disabling plugins, but that did not help at all.

What is even stranger, is I am using the exact same theme and customizations on this client’s sister site, and everything works fine with that site. (Both sites on same server, so apparently not a server issue)

Has anyone had something like this happen before? Any suggestions on what to do to fix the problem?

http://richardsontreeandlandscapeco.com

AC
    Blocked

I see a Google plugin running a script – http://richardsontreeandlandscapeco.com/wp-content/plugins/google-analyticator/external-tracking.min.js?ver=6.4.4.3. Disable that plugin and see what happens.

AC
    Blocked

Also disable the Nextgen plugin and slider.

Paul
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion Anita, but unfortunately that didn’t do the trick.

I disabled everything, and it still won’t save any changes.

AC
    Blocked

The only other thing I can think of is something that happened to someone a while back. Check to make sure that your child theme is in the theme folder correctly, i.e., /wp-content/themes/yourtheme and not /wp-content/themes/yourtheme/yourtheme.

Paul
    Participant

Checked that, it is as it is supposed to be.

I uninstalled Genesis and then did a fresh install, just to see if it made a difference; it didn’t.

Deleted Metro and fresh install there, still nothing.

Can’t figure out what to check or try next.

Paul
    Participant

So I just switched to the default twentytwelve theme, made the changes, they actually saved, and then switched back to Metro and the changes are intact.

So I guess that would confirm that somewhere there is an issue with the Metro theme, but at least I know how to work around it now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Metro theme won't save updates/changes’ is closed to new replies.