Metro – Want home-middle-right responsive and falling under home-middle-left

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Metro – Want home-middle-right responsive and falling under home-middle-left

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  computerkitten 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

Not sure why when I look at this on the Iphone that the home-middle-right (its the Featured Blog Post) is not collapsing underneath the home-middle-left (Featured Page).  In fact when I make the window smaller it just sits off to the right but underneath it.

Website is here:

http://tinyurl.com/blgu2rc

I see that the home-middle-right is floating to the right… I could maybe make it work if it floated left but I would think I shouldn’t have to change that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

CK

marybaum
    Participant

It looks as if your home-middle-widgets aren’t taking on a width of 100% as the screen gets narrower.

Looking at your stylesheet, I see that you moved your media queries to the top of the sheet – good idea! But then I would reverse the order, if you’re serious about doing this mobile-first. In other words, put the smallest window – the max-width 480px section, first – then the tablet section, and so on, getting progressively wider until you hit full-width desktop size.

That would let your home-middle-xx widget areas, which DO have the 100% width in the 480px section, cascade those values down to the wider viewport widths until you get to desktop size, when you change completely to having them sit next to each other with their floats and widths of half or less of the total.

Does that make any sense at all? I’m a little (okay, a lot) punchy and trying to be succinct – that may not be a good combination.

Mary Baum

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

computerkitten
    Participant

Thanks Mary for writing!

I went ahead and rearranged the CSS for the smallest device at the top and so forth.  Its still not collapsing right on the Iphone… not sure how to fix?!

Thanks!

CK

computerkitten
    Participant

Worked with it some more today and still can’t get the 2nd column to collapse under the 1st one for the home page on the Iphone… not sure what is going on?!

Thanks,

CK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.