Minimal Theme: how to make it like THIS…

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimal Theme: how to make it like THIS…

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lge 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lge

Hello all-

I love what http://bioactivesinc.com/ did with the Minimal Theme.

Does anyone know how to get that great text overlay, button and slider-esque feature on the “background” (main frontpage image)? It only comes standard with a plain background image.

Any direction is appreciated! First time with this particular theme.

lge

Found the backstretch plugin- that seems to be in use on this theme’s front page. Learning to place a button over the image from a different tutorial… but if anyone has any tips please let me know!

Thanks – LGE

nerdworker

Hello Ige,

The page you list is using the Minimum Pro theme. The effect you see is part of that theme’s home page. The text and button were probably added with a text widget in that particular widget area for that page. You can see from the demo that the functionality of the linked page is not very different from the Minimum Pro demo. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding your question?

Regards,

Stefanie
    nerdworker.com

lge

Hello Stefanie,

Yes this is what I meant- not “Minimal Theme” but “Minimum Pro” theme. I have just gotten started on dev.optimalwellnessrx.com and would like to include that nice text overlay with a button on the site instead of the current logo-centric design.

I will look into the text widget feature. That sounds like the best bet – I’d love to hear more if you have any further insight based on my clarifications.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  lge.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  lge.

nerdworker

A great way to see what others have done with their code is to use the development tools for your particular browser. If nothing else, you can usually right click on a page and View Source to see the code. It can show you what code others have used and give you clues about those cool effects! ;-) I use Firefox and have an Inspect Element option when I right-click a page. It shows very detailed info about the code. It’s very useful for things like this.

lge

Thanks nerdworker- I’ve been looking up the source but not really understanding the logic behind it. You explaining the text widget functionality in the header really opened that up for me mentally – for some reason I thought it must be much more complicated.

lge

Thank you!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Minimal Theme: how to make it like THIS…’ is closed to new replies.