Minimum Pro – creating circles with CSS looks funky on the iPad

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Pro – creating circles with CSS looks funky on the iPad

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  pamrburke 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pamrburke

Hello,

I am working with Minimum Pro.

On my Mac laptop, in Chrome, the following code to create three inline circles, with text, using float left works fine. On the iPad, however, the words under the the circles are floating up to the right of the last circle. I suspect that I need to put a clear float somewhere, but I am not sure where. This code is on my About page, by the way.

css
    .mission-vision-circles {
    width: 200px;
    height: 200px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 100px 100px 100px 100px;
    -moz-border-radius: 100px 100px 100px 100px;
    border-radius: 100px 100px 100px 100px;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px 2px #ddd;
    box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px 2px #ddd;
    padding: 5px;
    margin: 5px;
    float: left;
    text-align: center;
    }

.orange {
    border: 0px solid #E05900;
    /*background: #e05900;*/
    background: rgba(224,89,0,0.65);
    }

.gray {
    border: 0px solid #796e67;
    /*background: #796e67;*/
    background: rgba(121,110,103,0.5);
    }

.dark {
    border: 0px solid #333;
    /*background: #333;*/
    background: rgba(51,51,51,0.65);
    }

.mvv-circles-text {
    color: #fff;
    width: 90%;
    height: 90%;
    margin: 25% auto 0 auto;
    }

HTML
    <div class=”mission-vision-circles gray”><p class=”mvv-circles-text”>Personal growth</p></div>

<div class=”mission-vision-circles orange”><p class=”mvv-circles-text”>To see us all living our lives stretched beyond the limitations imposed by our minds.</p></div>

<div class=”mission-vision-circles dark”><p class=”mvv-circles-text”>To share stories and experiences about reframing limiting mindsets in order to help you get out of your own way.</p> </div>

I would reference my site, but currently it is in maintenance mode as I work on it in my staging area.

Thanks

Pam

pamrburke

After taking another look, this issue only happens when the iPhone or iPad is in landscape.

For clarification on the issue, I have created three circles using css. The circles are set us as float left, making them sit adjacent to one another. In landscape, on the iPhone and the iPad, the third circle moves below the other two circles and the text that was below the circles moves to the location where the three circle was located.

Any ideas on the media query that can be used to fix this in landscape?

Thanks

Pam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.