Minimum Sample Image Different File Name

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Minimum Sample Image Different File Name

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Crane
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I understand that for the Minimum theme you need to upload the “sample” image on the homepage via ftp and the file name needs to be sample.jpg. I don’t know if I’m missing something or what. In all SEO best practices you would never want an image name to be  “sample” unless maybe you are giving away samples of something. :)

So is there a way to have that image file name contain important keywords instead? Or maybe I’m not completely understanding the instructions.

Thanks!

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s a good question. To be honest, I don’t give much thought to image names per se. (Some things will generate random names, for instance) And because of that, to get decent SEO for them, not to mention accessibility, I use ALT tags to handle that.

In the fine print, you’ll see that you can change the image name in functions.php. So you could use another filename there. You could also add the ALT tag to the IMG HTML, too, if you’d like,

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Elizabeth Crane
    Participant

Thanks David. I also use the ALT tags but for the SEO to be even better it helps for the file name to coincide with the ALT tag.

And now, I have learned another good lesson as to why it is always good to read the fine print! I’m heading there now. Thank you so much for pointing that out. :)

David Chu
    Participant

Eliz,
    Glad to help! And that’s an interesting SEO tip… thanks.
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.