Minimum Theme Primary Sidebar on Home Page – How To Remove from Home Page ONLY

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Minimum Theme Primary Sidebar on Home Page – How To Remove from Home Page ONLY

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lyracorey 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

IanP
    Participant

Hello

The demo version of the theme on the home page has two wide columns and no primary side bar.

My default install has two narrower columns with the primary sidebar. How can I get my home to look like the demo on the studio press site?

I want to keep sidebar widgets on all other pages except the Home Page.

Thank you

Bart van Maanen
    Participant

Hi Ian,

Make sure you have set the right Home page in Settings > Reading > to My last posts. Then use the featured image and the front page widgets. The sidebar will disappear from Home only.

Bart

IanP
    Participant

Thanks Bart

I don’t follow your second sentence however.  How does using a widget, make it disappear?

William
    Participant

Apparently so. If you don’t use the Home Page widget, the sidebar appears on the Home Page.  Use at least one of them and there’s no sidebar.

lyracorey
    Participant

If I understand your question correctly,  you can go to edit page: scroll down to the “Layout Settings.”  Instead of your Default Layout, select the option on the far right that looks like a full page without a sidebar.  That should do the trick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.