Mobile responsive: Client concerns for search, subscribe and categories

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Mobile responsive: Client concerns for search, subscribe and categories

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pixelpointpress
    Participant

Hi all,

We’re working with a client that is launching their first mobile responsive blog site at the end of the month, built using the News theme. The current concern is that a few key features in the sidebar (language selector – site has 9 languages – search, subscribe and category dropdown menu) get lost below the posts when viewed on a small screen.

I’m sure I’m not the only one to come across this. Is anyone using a different technique to maintain some semblance of those features at the top of the site (hopefully without crowding them into the header) to help mobile users?

Thanks,

Kelli Brown

pixelpointpress.com

Susan

I haven’t done anything like that as yet, but my first thought would be to have a widgeted area below the sub-nav, and above the first post…

I’m currently working a site on the Glitter and Lace theme. This theme isn’t mobile responsive, but it has the kind of widgeted are I am talking about (on this site, it’s for Instagram pictures). Having something like that with a user profile etc. might be beneficial.

The Metro theme has the search button in the header right, so when viewed on a mobile device, it is front and center of the device.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.