Mocha theme: Help to change front-page and get thumbnails

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Mocha theme: Help to change front-page and get thumbnails

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tfcjones 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gomlers
    Participant

Hello!

I need help with three things:

1. Images on the grid loop at the bottom of the main post – how can I show them? The post in the grid-loop contains images, but they are not showing on top of the excerpt like I thought they would.

2. The main post on the front-page shows a 100% of the content. How can I limit this to e.g. showing 100 words or so, and then a “Read full post”-link?

3. Still on the front-page: Is there any plugin I can install to make a tiny “header-image”, which will be on top of the first post, but not on other sites. I would like the option to introduce us to new visitors if they press the “Home”-button.

gomlers
    Participant

EDIT:
    Solved 1 and 2!

Still need help with number 3 :)

Anyone?

Erica Mueller
    Participant

I would like to know how you solved number 1. My client is wanting to do the same thing!

WordPress Manipulator

gomlers
    Participant

I solved this very easily but putting a header image for each post at the very top of the post. I think the theme picks the first image attached to the post, and use that as a thumbnail-image.

Image size I have used is 600px × 200px, and it’s working great. Looks good!

That was all – no featured image or anything.

As long as ALL the images are 600 by 200 they will align up nicely.

Hope it helps :)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  gomlers.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  gomlers.

tfcjones
    Participant

I’m sorry that solution did not work for me. I have changed all sizes of images. Yet the only picture that will show up on the front page is the first post. Any suggestions??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.