Modern Portfolio: Add Portfolio as a Page also

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio: Add Portfolio as a Page also

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marybaum 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

I would like to have a page with the Portfolio on it in addition to having it on the home page. Can someone tell me how I can accomplish this. The website is at: http://goo.gl/Ltvto. Thanks.

AC
    Blocked

Just checking to see if someone can help me on this.

thecolab
    Participant

You can create a Portfolio page and possible insert a Featured Posts Widget via shortcode into that page? Maybe use the genesis sidebars plugin to create a new custom sidebar and then insert that sidebar using sidebar shortcode plugin?

The menu link for the homepage one is not actually a page just a custom link to the scroll region

AC
    Blocked

Thank you @thecolab, but I understand how the theme and the links work. I just need to have a Page Template now set up to show more than 6 on an actual page that I can link to the Menu itself called “Stories.” I haven’t found a solution yet and cannot find a shortcode for the “featured posts widget” to allow placement on a page.

thecolab
    Participant

There are some plugins on the wp directory which allow inserting sidebars int post and page content, give it a quick search.

eg. - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widgets-on-pages/

There are a few give them a try

marybaum
    Participant

What about taking the portfolio page (page_portfolio.php), functions and css from the Balance theme (or various others) and adding them in? That would get you a Stories page (actually, page_stories.php). Does the Stories page also need to have a relationship to a portfolio section on the home page? I suppose you could set up a separate Stories category for that, with the same posts, then link to the Stories page – born of page_stories.php – in the dropdown.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Modern Portfolio: Add Portfolio as a Page also’ is closed to new replies.