Modern Portfolio : Changing color on mobile header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio : Changing color on mobile header

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

capaloha
    Participant

Theme : Modern Portfolio

Problem : Somehow I managed to change the color of the header when the site appears on a mobile device from black to #603311.  Now I cannot find where or recall how I set the color.  I’ve combed the style.css file with a fine tooth comb and still can’t find it.

site :  http://www.bakeonaustin.com

Can anyone help me track this down?

Kind thanks,

cap

http://bakeonaustin.com

AC
    Blocked

If you inserted your header via Appearance > Header – go look there and see if the background color is in there. I cannot find it in your style sheet either.

capaloha
    Participant

I did insert the header using Appearance–>Header, and it is the header that you see when on a non-mobile device.  <sigh>  I have a scrap of paper where I wrote down the hex code for the color (#603311), and have searched many of the files looking for that code.  Guess I’m going to have to search them all.

Or perhaps there is a way to “reset” or override by writing a line of code?  Would you have a suggestion if I wanted to go that way?

Kind thanks for the reply.

cap

AC
    Blocked

We can’t override it I don’t think if we can’t find it. I can see it when I reduce my browser. Let me keep looking. By any chance did you put that code into the Style sheet – or under Appearance do you see a CSS tab?

capaloha
    Participant

Sadly, I can’t remember where I changed the code.  When I go to Appearance–>Editor, it opens style.css.  I am searching that file again.

Kind thanks for helping.  I am certain that I changed it by finding a tag and making a substitution on the color field.

cap

AC
    Blocked

I downloaded it too. What plugins do you have activated? Do you have any Mobile plugins?

capaloha
    Participant

Would it help to know which plug-ins I have installed?

cap

AC
    Blocked

You know what… let me help you offline here. Go to my website, use the contact form. Send me a note so I have your email address. I can send you instructions on how I can see your screen from here. This might be better and faster.

capaloha
    Participant

sent you an email using the form on your main page (cr8tivediva.com) and thanks.

cap

capaloha
    Participant

Problem Resolved :  (Thanks to AnitaC) : Anita suggested I de-activate the Genesis Responsive Header plug-in, and voila, the problem disappeared.

Major thanks to AnitaC for the courteous and prompt help.  She’s an angel, not to mention she solved a problem I had been struggling all day to solve inside of fifteen minutes (and most of that was me getting my screen into a position that she could see).

WhooHOO.  I am one happy Modern-Portfolio user.

Take care, and thanks again

cap

AC
    Blocked

You’re welcome. Glad to help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Modern Portfolio : Changing color on mobile header’ is closed to new replies.