Modern Portfolio for my site

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Modern Portfolio for my site

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bandj 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bandj
    Participant

Just redid my site with the modern portfolio. Almost all just css changes, can’t remember too much changes in functions.php, maybe a couple. Also made a couple page templates, including a custom 404 page with a cute puppy. Please let me know of problems, especially with the responsive aspect. Thanks.

http://536media.com

cdils
    Participant

Nice! Love the Backstretch image added in. Also like the sticky menu bar. And, favorite all, there’s a chocolate lab involved – Put your pup on the 404 page! :)

I’m viewing on full-screen, but looking good there. Now get to blogging. ;)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

bandj
    Participant

Carrie I looked at your site quite often while I was making this. Notice the awesome font arrows? Good idea to put Molly on the 404. Why didn’t I think of that!?

marybaum
    Participant

Wow! LOVE! the backstretch image (I just learned that term from Carrie. Would have had no idea what that’s called, other than, um, some kinda parallax … ) and sticky menu. Would love to know how to do that!

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

cdils
    Participant

Hey Mary,
    This tutorial shows how to add the sticky menu. :)

http://www.briangardner.com/sticky-menu/

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

bandj
    Participant

Yes, I’ve learned a lot from Carrie also. The menu I used is just  fixed. Didn’t use any jquery. I trying to see how much I can change with just css. I did make up one or two page templates so I could used smaller widths on full width pages, and the 404 page, rather than use body classes for the different pages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.