Modern Portfolio: Home page template

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio: Home page template

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

andrewgmiles
    Participant

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a Home page template that should be available for selection on the pages? A previous poster mentioned one but I can’t find it.

I’m aiming to set the home page up in the same way as the demo (menu under the logo hidden, text box stretching across the page etc).

Thanks, Andrew

Robin
    Participant

The home page in this theme is built with widgets. Here’s the setup instructions for the Modern Portfolio home page. It is not a page that you create in the WP editor. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

andrewgmiles
    Participant

Thanks Robin. My only problem is in getting the menu under the logo to hide on the home page. I can’t see how to do that.

(sorry if I’m missing something obvious)

andrewgmiles
    Participant

And, sorry if I’m being dumb, but the instructions say “As noted above, the theme will show your latest posts until any one of the following widget areas are filled in.”

I’ve filled in the About widget but there’s no change to the front page on http://www.amj.im

andrewgmiles
    Participant

Ok, for anyone else reading this, it’s because I’d selected a static page as ‘Home’ via the ‘Reading settings. Don’t do that. It’s bad.

Having said that my home page does now have all the desired elements – but the spacing is all messed up for some reason.

Robin
    Participant

Glad you got that part sorted, Andrew. Have you modified the functions.php or home.php file at all? I ask because the demo/default home page layout is set up to be full width and I am not seeing that on your site. You could mess with the .mp-home #content rules (add width: 100%;) but if there is an easier/better solution I’d rather go with that, because it looks like right now it’s thinking there should be a sidebar.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.