modern portfolio home.php doesn't display primary nav

Community Forums Forums General Discussion modern portfolio home.php doesn't display primary nav

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

marjwyatt
    Participant

Can someone help me understand how to bring the primary navigation below the header BACK into the modern portfolio home.php?  The setup instructions recommend putting navigation in home right and that isn’t where we want it, nor is this traditional.

The home.php script is completely different than other home.php scripts in that it loads several minimized scripts to handle display options.  The Genesis Visual Hooks plugin won’t work so I can’t isloate the rogue code that is disabling the primary navigation on the home.php template.  It is working on all other pages, so I know it is there.

The site is not online anywhere but I’ve written no code to circumvent navigation or rearrange it so I know it’s not me.  This theme seems to be written in such a way that navigation is forced into header right and that causes duplication on interior pages and archives which is not the desired effect at all.

———————————-

Never mind … I found it.

In the body of that template was this code:

`// Remove the navigation menus
    remove_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_nav’ );
    remove_action( ‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_subnav’ );`

In my professional opinion, this is not a good idea and I’m reinstating navigation on home.php.  Thanks for listening.

Virtually Marj Wyatt
    VirtuallyMarj.com | Twitter | Facebook | Google +

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  marjwyatt. Reason: found the answer
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  marjwyatt. Reason: found the answer

Susan

:)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘modern portfolio home.php doesn't display primary nav’ is closed to new replies.