Modern Portfolio Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Modern Portfolio Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sridhar Katakam 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Miguel
    Participant

Hello, my question is about Modern Portfolio Pro, can frontpage be paginated for blog posts and portfolio? Demo shows 6 portfolio items and 3 posts, but there’s no ‘next page’ or ‘page 2′ link. I need to know before buying it.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

‘Genesis – Featured Posts’ widgets are used for the display of homepage Portfolio and Blog posts. There is a checkbox in this widget that reads “Show Category Archive Link” with provision to set a custom link text. Ticking that in both the widgets is perhaps what you are looking for?

Miguel
    Participant

Thanks, but is not what I’m looking for. There should be lots of posts and porfolio entries, so I need a way to paginate everything, just like any common blog.

I’m looking for something similar to theawesomer.com, there was a studiopress child theme like this before, but it looks it’s discontinued.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

I just tried Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget plugin, a advanced version of built-in Genesis – Featured Posts widget and it has pagination support.

Screenshot

But the problem is that a given number in the pagination beneath both instances of the widget (one for Portfolio entries and the other for Blog posts) is linking to the same URL. So when you click on say ’2′ beneath the Portfolio entries not only will you be taken to a page listing the next set of Portfolio entries but that page also shows the next set of Blog entries. If this is fine with you or if you just want to use pagination for either of the two sections then you are good to go.

Had to add this CSS:

.mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio .entry,
    #services .alignright {
    	float: left;
    	margin-right: 5.263157894737%; /* 60px / 1140px */
    	width: 29.824561403509%; /* 340px / 1140px */
    }

.mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio .entry:nth-of-type(3n+3) {
    	margin-right: 0;
    }

.mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio h4,
    .mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio ul,
    .mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio .more-from-category {
        clear: both;
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {

.mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio {
    		text-align: center;
    	}

.mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio .entry,
    	.mpp-home .content .featuredportfolio .entry:nth-of-type(3n+3) {
    		float: none;
    		margin: 0 auto 24px;
    		margin: 0 auto 2.4rem;
    		max-width: 340px;
    		width: 100%;
    	}

}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.