Modify Date in Prose

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manuel 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Manuel
    Participant

Hi

I am using Prose theme, but know I Have an issue,  i want to  change date format to spanish, I already install genesis translate pluggin, but it doesn´t have the date update, I want to modify the locale.php inside the function.php file is that possible?

Thanks.

http://dietasparadiabetico.com/

braddalton
    Participant

You might want to ask Wendy as she knows a lot about Prose http://www.studiopress.com/forums/users/wendycholbi/

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

wendycholbi
    Participant

I don’t know of a way to change the locale.php file from within Genesis –> Custom Code –> Custom Functions, but someone more proficient in PHP may be able to do that.

There is a plugin called La Fecha which says it translates just the date.

Or, you can directly modify the locale.php file that’s inside wp-includes by changing the month names (and month abbreviations, day names, and day initials if necessary). Keep a backup copy of the original unedited file, and keep a copy of your modifications so you can easily update them when a new version of WordPress is released.

Whether you use the plugin or modify the php file, you’ll need to set a custom date format in Settings –> General –> Date Format, something like:

[php]j \d\e F \d\e Y[/php]

which will output a date like this:

6 de mayo de 2013

or

[php]l j \d\e F \d\e Y[/php]

Lunes 6 de mayo de 2013

or

[php]l \e\l j \d\e F \d\e Y[/php]

Lunes el 6 de mayo de 2013

I hope this helps!

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Manuel
    Participant

Thank You wendycholbi and  braddalton, it works, i modify directly the locale.php.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.