More stumbling blocks with NewsPro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks More stumbling blocks with NewsPro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kichigai

Thanks to some excellent advice from BradDalton I have resolved a good number of problems in setting up my wife’s travel blog (sixlegswilltravel.com) and with some trial and error have resolved a whole bunch more minor irritations but I still have a couple of things that whatever I do I can not get the right results.

The front page is a blog format and each post is truncated at a certain number of words and is followed by [...] but there is no link there I want to add something like [...and now for the rest of the story] and have it linking to the full article. I have tried unsuccessfully to paste some code into the function.php and searched both function.php and style.css to try and find where the [...] is coming from – to no avail. Would anybody have some pointers as to how to resolve this, please.

Similarly, I want to add something before the blog comment area – firstly changing the title from “Leave a Reply” to something more appropriate and secondly to add some blurb before the comment box just saying that “everyone is responsible for their own words” etc. Again I have tried various code snippets that I have found but nothing I try seems to work.

I am sure there are some relatively simple solutions to these problems but I am still very much a neophyte in terms of developing websites and even making simple adjustment to code.

Thanking you in anticipation for any help you might be able to share with me.

Simon

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  kichigai.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  kichigai.

braddalton
    Participant

1. You can change the Genesis > Content Archives from Excerpts to Limit and then modify the link using PHP http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/post-excerpts/

2. You will need to filter the comment form defaults http://wpsites.net/web-design/customize-comment-form-place-holder-input-text-fields-labels/

There’s links at the end of the post also.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.