Move/copy images between blogs

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Move/copy images between blogs

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rajk 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rajk
    Participant

This is a totally WordPress question. Using Metro theme. I use a staging site to make sure all my new posts and images are done right. Then using Import/Export I copy the new posts to the live site, but as you know the images won’t get copied. So I copy images manually, but it’s a chore and a drag. Do you have any tricks / plugins you know that copy/move images from one WordPress site to another WordPress site, both use Metro theme? Duplicator and Backupify are not really solutions for this problem. Thanks!

Raj

Robin
    Participant

I use BackupBuddy–you can backup your entire staging site and migrate using a script to the live site–it clones everything, from posts and images to plugins, menus, updates links, everything.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

rajk
    Participant

Robin – Thanks for the reply, sorry for my late response. I meant to say BackupBuddy earlier (when I said Backupify). The thing is, I don’t think BackupBuddy is the right tool, because it takes everything from staging site and clones it on the live site. What we need is a “merge” mechanism: first don’t touch the items already live on the site, second pick the items marked off (in some way by the user) from the staging site and push them onto live site. Anyway, when I contacted BackupBuddy sales guys they briefly replied their tool was not meant to do that. I hope BackupBuddy guys see a business opportunity here. From my search for the “merge” tool, I concluded that there’s no such tool right now, that does the job professionally, like the BackupBuddy does for backup. I think BackupBuddy guys are just a whisker away from getting there, but their product marketing guys have to believe it first. Anyway, just a few comments, for anyone reading. Thanks again, and we can close this thread now.

Raj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Move/copy images between blogs’ is closed to new replies.