Multiple Page_Template Files?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Multiple Page_Template Files?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Larsman 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

vahost
    Participant

I raised this question under the old support site, but I see that it has since been shut down.

I asked at that time if there was a way to put multiple Page_Templates in a child theme?

andrea_r answered, “Yes, just make another page template. ;)  Many of the child themes come with more than one page template by default. ”

Now I’m actively working on a site that has this exact requirement. They actually want eight different page templates. Now that I know it can be done, I have two more questions:

(1) How do I assign a template to a particular page?

(2) How do I assign a different CSS file to each page template?

Larsman
    Participant

Is there a tutorial on creating page templates for Genesis or something that this and other requests for help creating templates go un-answered?  Or has this been answered so many time in the past that shame on the asker for not finding the answer under search results even though it gets asked enough that a solution that would answer the question would warrant a sticky response. Or does StudioPress think users who need help with this are beneath a response?

Creating Page Templates and integrating them with the genesis layout selector would be an outstanding topic for a tutorial.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.